Nice article about .Net, .Net Core and .Net Framework for clearification in the differences and relations between them.
26 September 2017 9:00 – 27 September 2017 17:00
Janssoniuslaan 80, 3528 AJ Utrecht
Software engineering practices have changed drastically in the last few years. Agile practices, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Open Source and similar developments have proven their effectiveness. Microsoft’s platforms for software development and cloud computing have also embraced these concepts and are at the leading edge in their domain.
In this two-day training you will learn how software development works with Microsoft’s tools and languages. Based on a consistent sample, you will learn how to
- setup a development environment with the latest version of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services,
- highlight and learn to benefit from the latest developments in the Visual Studio C# IDE (e.g. PerfTips, live code analysis, CodeLens, diagnostic tools, (etc.),
- use cross-platform build- and test-automation tools like Visual Studio Web and Load Tests, Visual Studio Team Services, Gulp, xUnit and Jasmine to automate your build- and quality assurance processes,
- manage your Technical Debt,
- create highly available and secure environments for your web APIs and web applications in Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager (ARM),
- setup a multi-stage (dev/test/prod) environment in Azure,
- automate deployment to Microsoft Azure with Visual Studio Release Management,
- using Application Telemetry with Application Insights,
- discuss the advantages of the upcoming container technology Docker,
- we will use a sample (web) application during the course.
You will need your own laptop to do the hands-on labs. Ideally, you have the latest version of Visual Studio installed (detailed instructions about the necessary Visual Studio configuration will be provided) and you have access to your own Microsoft Azure subscription. If you do not have access to Visual Studio and/or a Microsoft Azure account, Microsoft will provide a limited number (first come, first served) of free Azure Passes that you can use to run a VM with Visual Studio in it. In that case you just need internet access and a remote desktop client on your laptop.
For the labs about build- and test-automation, you need your own Visual Studio Team Services subscription (free edition available).
- Welcome and introduction.
- Setup development environment for the course.
- Discuss the sample application used during the course.
- Setup Continuous Integration (including first steps in test automation).
- Managing Technical Debt with SonarQube.
- Adding an artifact repository to your release pipeline.
- Continuous deployment with Visual Studio Release Management.
- Configuration as code.
- Application Telemetry with Application Insights.
- Operating web applications in Azure App Services and Docker.
Features under development
This feature list is a peek into our roadmap. It identifies some of the significant features we are currently working on and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not comprehensive but is intended to provide some visibility into key investments. Most features are linked to a blog post and/or UserVoice entry where you can learn more and comment. These features and dates are the current plans at this time and are subject to change. The “Planned Date” reflects when the feature will be available on VSTS and the “Server” column reflects when it will be available in TFS on-premises, if applicable.
Source: Team Services Feature Updates
A.s. woensdag (morgen) en donderdag is het weer zover. De volgende workshop Practical DevOps in samenwerking met Microsoft georganiseerd bij Caesar Experts.
Heb je je niet ingeschreven? Jammer, maar houd de aankondigingen in de gaten voor komende sessies, zodat je dit niet hoeft te missen.
Heb je je wel ingeschreven? Dan graag tot morgen!
Parkeren kan alleen op de P+R Papendorp, ingang Mercatorlaan, Utrecht. Vanuit hier is het 9 minuten lopen naar de Janssoniuslaan 80 naar Caesar Experts. Uitrijkaarten voor de P+R zijn te verkrijgen bij de receptie bij Caesar Experts. Mocht je minder mobiel zijn geef dit dat dan door aan mij op firstname.lastname@example.org dan zorgen we dat je opgehaald wordt of direct onder het pand kan parkeren.
Een paar leuke DevOps Webinars van Microsoft:
Source: Spring into DevOps
Mooie workshop voor iedereen die met de nieuwste MS tools wil leren hoe DevOps in de praktijk ingezet kan worden.
Source: Practical DevOps workshop
Interesting new extension in de market place voor VSTS.
Delivery Plans help you drive alignment across teams by overlaying several backlogs onto your delivery schedule (iterations). You tailor plans to include the backlogs, teams and work items you want to view. 100% interactive plans allow you to make adjustments as you go.
Came accross this nice article by the ALM Rangers. SonarQube is something you need to manage your technical debt.
Your starting point in the use of Visual Studio Team System
Source: Visual Studio Team Services