Looking for and easy obfuscation solution for your .NET application?
I found the .Net Reactor tool very helpful in easy obfuscating some .Net assemblies and executables. The tool has a user interface but it can also be used with the command line. I created a post build event in a Windows application to obfuscate all assemblies. In this way all builds (local and TFS buildserver) obfuscate the assemblies in Release mode configuration. Below the description and features of the tool from the website.
What is .NET Reactor?
.NET Reactor is a powerful code protection and software licensing system for software written for the .NET Framework, and supports all languages that generate .NET assemblies. Its’ main features are :
- Intellectual property protection
- NecroBit Protection
- Native Code generation
- Control Flow Obfuscation
- String Encryption
- Anti Tampering
- Resource Encryption and Compression
- Dependency Merging
- Protects full applications and libraries (dlls)
- Powerful licensing system
- Create trial versions of your software
- Set an expiration date
- Limit use to a fixed number of days after installation
- Limit by number of uses
- Limit to use for no more than a set number of minutes each invocation
- Limit trial version functionality
- Easily turn your trial version into a fully licensed version
- License your software
- Permanently (non expiring license)
- By time period (i.e rent your software)
- By number of uses (i.e software as a service)
- Software development kit
- Integrate license checking into you assembly and extend licensing fuctionality
- Extend licensing functions with bespoke extensions.